We all know how to stream live matches and movies on Android TV. But still, many of us don’t have any idea how to access geo-locked content and how to browse with utmost safety. For these reasons, you must have a powerful VPN on your TV. Bitdefender VPN is such a VPN app that gives you complete online protection and helps to bypass geo-restrictions. Unfortunately, Bitdefender VPN isn’t natively available for Android TV. Instead, you can sideload it on your TV.
This dynamic VPN service has 4000 servers in 50+ countries across the globe and follows no traffic logs. However, you should purchase a subscription account on this VPN to access it legally. Also, it is considered one of the VPNs with the highest security encryption protocol.
By reading this article, you will learn how to sideload Bitdefender VPN on your Android TV. In addition, you can also get to know some common troubleshooting ideas to solve the not working issues of Bitdefender VPN.
Bitdefender VPN is a premium app, so you can’t access it for free. Instead, you should buy its premium tier that gives you additional features. You can explore all three subscription plans for Bitdefender VPN from its official website.
- Monthly Plan – $6.99
- Annual Plan – $69.99
How to Sideload Bitdefender VPN APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Bitdefender VPN app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download the link of Bitdefender VPN APK latest version: bit.ly/3QoUM05
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Smart TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Bitdefender VPN app and enjoy hassle-free internet surfing on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
Sharp Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Mi Box and Mi Box S
Bitdefender VPN Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the Bitdefender VPN app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like app freezing, improper connectivity, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Bitdefender VPN accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Bitdefender VPN Alternatives
If you feel that Bitdefender VPN isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other free platforms to use the VPN service. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Bitdefender VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Bitdefender is officially unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV. However, you need to sideload the Bitdefender VPN on your TV.
Yes, Bitdefender can bypass geo-restrictions associated with Netflix on Android TV. So, you can watch all region-locked Netflix content from wherever you are.