|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
Bilibili is a video community platform that lets users share their videos focused on Anime. Fortunately, Bilibili is compatible with Android TV and you can download it from the Play Store. However, you can also get Bilibili on TV by either visiting its webpage or sideloading its apk file. Though it is free to use, the premium subscription which costs $4.99/month allows users to explore more advanced features.
It is the ultimate streaming guide that discusses all feasible ways to get Bilibili on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install Bilibili on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Bilibili in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Bilibili from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, sign in and play your favorite content.
How to Watch Bilibili Using Browser
Bilibili has a dedicated webpage that lets you share anime and some other media content. As the simplest way, you can access the Bilibili platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.bilibili.tv/en] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of Bilibili will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials. You can even log in using your phone number linked to the Bilibili account.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Bilibili APK on Android TV
Bilibili is available in specific countries, such as China, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, and Malaysia. If you can’t find Bilibili in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the app on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a standard WiFi connection.
2. On the home screen, tap the Apps section to launch the Google Play Store.
3. Search for “Downloader for TV” and select the app that comes with the following logo.
4. On the application information page, hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to install the app on your device.
6. Once the app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the toggle for the “Downloader for TV” app.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the “Downloader for TV” app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of the Bilibili APK: https://urlsrt.io/Bilibili
13. Click Download to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, click Install from the popup.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Bilibili app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast Bilibili on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in installing/sideloading the Bilibili app, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Fortunately, there is built-in cast support available on this platform, so you easily cast the Bilibili from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the Disney Plus-installed smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Bilibili app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Bilibili on Android TV
If the Bilibili app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Bilibili accumulated on your Smart TV.
- If there is a new version available for Bilibili, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
If you feel that Bilibili isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream Asian movies/animes. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Bilibili.
Yes. The Bilibili app is available for Sony Android TV users and they can get it directly from the Google Play Store.
No. Unfortunately, the Bilibili app isn’t accessible in the US. You can still access them using a VPN.
The Bilibili app supports multiple languages including English. You can switch the language anytime to use the app in the desired version.