It is a fact that we all are worried about the safety that we get online. However, proper VPNs relieve this unwanted stress and let us stream with complete privacy. When it comes to Android TVs, there are plenty of VPNs available. In most cases, there is no need to sideload VPNs on an Android TV. This is because the Android TV Play Store itself hosts VPNs and you can download them easily. With a lot of VPNs available today, we often aren’t sure which one to pick. So, in this section, we shall compare the same and find the best VPN for Android TV and Android TV Box.
Table of Contents
Which is the Best VPN for Android TV?
It is thought that VPNs come with a heavy price in their subscription. However, this isn’t true, and the price is often considered in comparison to the features they offer. Also, we have free VPN apps for Android TV along with paid ones.
Best Free VPN for Android TV
Let’s start with free VPN services that are accessible on Android TVs and TV Boxes.
In comparison to the other VPNs in the market, ProtonVPN offers better features for free. It gives you free unrestricted data and good speed. Also, ProtonVPN has its server around the world. So, adding ProtonVPN to your Android TV might be one of the best decisions to make.
- The ProtonVPN headquarters is located in Switzerland.
- ProtonVPN has free servers from three important locations like the US, Japan, and Netherland.
- ProtonVPN brings you the best security.
- Also, the service doesn’t share your data with third parties, even if you are on the free tier.
2. Windscribe VPN
If you are looking for a VPN that gives you high-speed connectivity, then go for Windscribe. It is a free VPN. Get Windscribe VPN on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
- It gives you a 10GB data limit.
- It has its server in ten different countries across the globe and its headquarters is in Canada.
- The VPN has a built-in ad blocker as well as a malware blocker.
- You can’t unlock Netflix with the free version. For that, you need the premium version of Windcsribe VPN.
3. Hotspot Shield VPN
If you want a free VPN with unlimited data, then get Hotspot Shield. It has a premium tier with better features in comparison to the free tier. If breaking geological blocks on content is not your primary concern, then add Hotspot Shield without a doubt.
- On the free tier of Hotspot Shield, you can only access servers in the US.
- Hotspot Shield doesn’t throttle the speed of the streaming.
- Also, the servers on Hotspot Shield are always up with additional translate features.
- It gives the same privacy and security to both the free as well as premium subscribers.
- Also, it doesn’t collect and share your data with third parties.
hide.me is one of the VPN services that have a free tier as well as a premium tier. Like the other free services, it imposes limitations on the users of its free tier. Still, you can consider it to be a potential VPN on your TV.
- hide.me VPN has military-level security features that give you better privacy and security.
- This VPN service will not disappoint you with its speed as it supports high-speed connections.
- It follows a strict no-logs policy and your data is always secure.
- However, you only get 2GB of free data per month, which is too little for streaming.
- Also, the free account lets you access only five servers, while the paid tier has access to 75.
- You can get a premium subscription with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you like to upgrade.
Best Paid VPN for Android TV
Since the free VPN services have a lot of limitations, we are left out of most features. So, you need a paid VPN for your Android TV. The following VPN services will suit your needs.
ExpressVPN is a popular VPN service that you can access on a variety of devices. It is popular because of its high-speed service in comparison to other paid VPN services. You can install ExpressVPN on Android TV directly from the Play Store.
- In total, ExpressVPN has over three thousand servers in 90 countries across the world.
- It works on popular apps like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer and breaks all geographical restrictions.
- ExpressVPN is not a free VPN. You get it for free for the first three months of your annual subscription, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It gives you utmost security with its no-log policy.
2. Private Internet Access (PIA)
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a popular VPN that has been available for nearly a decade. Therefore, it is one of the most trusted and experienced VPN networks we have today.
- With a rich collection of more than three-thousand servers across the world, Private Internet Access gives you the best service.
- Private Internet Access on Android TV gives you the best security and hasn’t been involved in security breaches.
- You can get unaltered high speed with Private Internet Access even if you connect ten devices.
- In comparison to other VPN networks, Private Internet Access is a lot more affordable.
- With an annual subscription, you can get Private Internet Access at $3.33 per month.
If you look at the list of top VPN s for most devices, you can find NordVPN. When it comes to Android TV, the case isn’t different at all. You can download NordVPN on Android TV from the Play Store and install it on your Android TV.
- It doesn’t store your browser history and other details so that you get protection from hackers.
- It gives you industry-standard security that most VPN services can’t give you.
- In total, NordVPN has nearly 5400 servers extended in 59 countries.
- This includes the US, the UK, Germany, Canada, Netherlands, and many more countries.
- If you subscribe to an annual plan, you get NNordVPN at $4.92 per month.
CyberGhost is not inferior to other paid VPN services with its features and services. It has the highest collection of servers that adding to six thousand servers spread over 88 countries. It lets you access six different devices at once.
- CyberGhost is one of the best VPN choices, with its headquarters in Romania.
- CyberGhost on Android TV gives you the best speed when it comes to streaming and lets you break all geographic blocks.
- It rejects the Data Retention Policy and not even government or similar regulations can access your browsing data.
- If you get an annual plan, CyberGhost will cost you only $3.99 per month.
5. VPN SecureLine by Avast
Avast is one of the most used and trusted antiviruses by many people across the globe. Now, it provides you with a secure VPN by the name VPN SecureLine. Unlike the free Avast antivirus, VPN SecureLine only has a premium service. However, it doesn’t fail to stand up to your expectations.
- VPN SecureLine is your best choice if you are primarily concerned about your privacy and security.
- If you wish to get a taste of this service, VPN SecureLine comes with a free trial of 7-days.
- If you subscribe to an annual subscription plan, you get VPN SecureLine for just $0.99 per month.
We would recommend IPVanish to users whose primary aim is to hide their identity online.
- IPVanish has its servers across 55 countries with a total of 1300 servers.
- You get the assured speed and performance with IPVanish without any downtime.
- Also, you can access IPVanish on ten devices at once without any speed loss.
- If you subscribe to IPVanish for one year, you get it at $6.49 per month.
Based on your primary concerns and budget, choose the right VPN for your Android TV. It will help you save your data from third parties and hackers and give you comfortable streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
The overall best VPN for Smart TV is the ExpressVPN. The second best will be NordVPN.
Yes, you can install any VPN from the Play Store for your Android TV.