Are you looking for the best file managers to install on your Android TV? Then, you have come to the right place as we are about to explain the same in detail in the following section. You can find a few native file managers in the Play Store. However, they might have fewer features without letting you perform certain actions. For instance, you might have the basic features like cut, copy, paste, and rename on these apps. But, at the same time, it lacks features to integrate cloud services, extract ZIP files, and similar features. This is why we need to familiarize ourselves with a few popular file managers with better features.
Which are the Best File Managers for Android TV
As discussed above, we have a broader range of file managers that we can choose on an Android TV. So, let’s explore the different file managers for an Android TV.
- X-plore File Manager
- Solid Explorer
- Total Commander
- File Commander
- FX File Explorer
- An Explorer
- HiMedia File Manager
- CX File Explorer
- Anker File Explorer
X-plore File Manager
You must be familiar with the X-plore File Manager as it is one of the oldest apps. The Android TV version of this app is as cool as its other versions. Some people might find it a little confusing, but you will find it helpful once you get used to its tree-view design.
- You can split your app view and perform two functions at the same time.
- It has features including SMB and Cloud Integration without a subscription.
- Also, create bookmarks of important folders and files to open them with ease.
Have you heard of Solid Explorer before? If you have used the mobile version of this app, you might know about its simplicity and attractive features. For an Android TV, we have an optimized version of Solid Explorer. It gives you a lot of cool features, as listed below. Get Solid Explorer Premium at $1.99 with a free trial of 14 days.
- Two-Plane UI
- File preview features
- Cloud Integration
- Local Network SMB connection
- Access TVs internal Storage on a computer with FTB support.
If you have had the mobile version of Total Commander, you know how good the app is. It has a simple interface and is compatible with Android TVs. Furthermore, it is a free app and gives you a premium feel. This is because of the attractive features it offers for free.
- This file manager supports cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- It can play content from LAN, WebDAV, and similar plugins without the need for other apps.
If you are looking for more features on a free file manager, File Commander is the right pick for you. It is free and rich with premium-style features. However, some people might feel that the interface of File Commander isn’t modern enough. It is because of the presence of menus and action buttons.
- It supports FTP and lets you access your TV storage on your PC.
- It also gives you free SMB support.
FX File Explorer
FX File Explorer is an app that gives you the best privacy which makes it very special. Also, it is a free service, and the free tier has a lot of cool features with the best privacy available. It is a simple app and has both light & dark themes.
- FX File Explorer is free of ads, tracking tools, and analytics.
- It comes with a split view interface.
- Also, you can see that the app categorizes your content under titles like audio, video, images, and more.
- It has Cloud Integration features, SMB, and FTB support in its premium tier.
- Get a premium FX Explorer subscription at just $2.99 with a free seven-day trial.
It is absolutely a cool file manager for an Android TV from DWorkS. The app represents the files in your Android TV as different categories. For instance, you can find your files categorized as photos, videos, APKs, documents, and more. Also, you don’t need to subscribe to AnExplorer as it is a free service.
- In this file manager, you can bookmark important files and folders to access them easily.
- Also, it supports USB drives, and you can play the files within the app.
- It supports cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, and more.
It is an Android TV dedicated File manager and doesn’t have a mobile version. So, it is a very useful app for your TV and follows the design guidelines for an Android TV. However, if you want a file manager with many premium features, TvExplorer wouldn’t be a likely choice for you.
- You can rename files with this file manager app.
- Also, you can extract ZIP files with the TvExplorer file manager.
- It supports cloud like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- It works only on Android version 5.0 and later.
HiMedia File Manager
HiMedia File Manager is a file manager with a very simple interface. You can access the internal as well as the external Storage of your TV on this manager. However, it might not be a good choice as a file manager as it lacks even the basic features. For instance, you can’t rename, delete, or copy your files. Let’s look at its features in-depth.
- It is very easy to use and understand if you don’t want to do a lot of operations in it.
- Also, it lets you install the APK on your device.
CX File Explorer
The next one on our list is CX File Explorer. It helps you to manage and organize files on your Android TV easily and effectively. You can copy, move, rename, delete, and share files from the Android TV easily. With this application, you can manage files stored on external storage.
- It provides access to files stored on various cloud storage.
- The simple and sleek interface of the application lets you access all the features with ease.
- It regularly analysis the storage of your Android TV and helps in removing unwanted apps.
Anker File Explorer
Anker File explorer is another file manager that your Android TV supports. It is an easy-to-use file manager with a retro look in its appearance. However, some people might feel that it has an outdated interference as well. The file manager lets you copy files from the external storage to your internal storage. However, it isn’t possible to copy files to the external storage from the internal storage. Similarly, you can’t delete files from the external storage.
- The file manager detects your files and categorizes them under different sections on your screen.
- However, people have found that this file manager doesn’t let you install APKs.
- Also, it duplicates your media files when it categorizes them for you.
Now, you know a list of file managers that will be used to access files on your TV. You can choose the right one based on your requirements and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have a lot of file explorers available today with different features. To find the best app for it, we need to compare these features against our requirements. We have compared the features of a few file managers here.
You need a file manager on Android TV so that you can access the files in them.