BBC iPlayer offers both live and on-demand content. With the BBC iPlayer app, you can watch all series like Peaky Blinders, Snowfall, and more. BBC iPlayer has a dedicated app for Android TV from the Play Store. Apart from live TV and on-demand shoes, you can also get video content from categories like Documentaries, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Arts, and more.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Android TV
1. Open the Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Navigate to the Search icon on the Play Store.
3. Type BBC iPlayer and search for it.
4. Choose the BBC iPlayer app from the search results.
5. Click the Install button on the next screen.
6. Then, tap the Open button to launch the BBC iPlayer app.
How to Activate BBC iPlayer on Android TV / Box
1. When you open the BBC iPlayer app, you will get the login screen.
2. If you don’t get the login screen, go to the Settings menu and choose Sign In.
3. You will get the 8-digit activation code.
4. Take your smartphone or PC and go to the BBC iPlayer activation website (www.bbc.com/account/tv).
5. Sign in with your BBC iPlayer account.
6. Now, enter the BBC iPlayer activation code and click the Sign in on your TV button.
7. After a few seconds, the BBC iPlayer app on your TV will be activated.
8. You can watch all the video content.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer on an Android TV Using a Web Browser
In this method, you need a web browser on your Android TV. Get any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Launch a web browser like Firefox or Chrome on Android TV.
2. Visit the BBC iPlayer website (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer).
3. Browse through the app library and choose a topic to stream.
4. Log in to your account for personalized access to BBC iPlayer.
5. Choose a video title and stream them on your Android TV Box.
How to Add BBC iPlayer on Android TV [Outside UK]
BBC iPlayer is available only in the USA. If you are in the US, you need to sideload the app on your Android TV from a third-party source.
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Next, click on the Search icon in the Play Store.
3. Type and search for Downloader in the search bar.
4. Select the Downloader app icon from the app search suggestions.
5. Click on the Install button to get the Downloader app.
6. In the same way, get the Sideload Launcher app on Android TV from the Play Store to access the sideloaded APK files on your Android TV.
7. Launch the Settings app from the Android TV home screen and choose the Device Preferences option.
8. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Next, click on the Unknown Sources option.
10. Finally, click on the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
11. Then, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
12. Follow the on-screen prompts and then click on the Allow option.
13. Now, enter the AFTVnews plugin (browser.aftvnews.com) to download APK files on Downloader.
14. Enter the URL for BBC iPlayer Android TV APK.
15. Click on the Go option and download the APK file for the BBC iPlayer app.
16. Next, install the BBC iPlayer APK on your TV.
17. Finally, wait for the installation to complete and launch any VPNs like NordVPN or ExpressVPN on your Android TV.
18. Connect to a UK server.
19. Now, launch the BBC iPlayer app, sign in with your credentials and then stream the content.
In the BBC iPlayer app, you can download any video content the app and watch them offline at your convenience. Customization options include creating your playlist with favorite shows, getting personalized recommendations, and series reminders are available. Get the BBC iPlayer app and stream the TV shows on your TV.
How to Cast BBC iPlayer on Android TV
BBC iPlayer lets you cast its content on your TV from its app on both Android and iOS devices. Follow these instructions to cast the app.
From Android/iOS devices
1. Connect both your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi connection.
3. Open the BBC iPlayer app and log in with your account if asked.
4. Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices on your screen.
6. Now, play any video on the BBC iPlayer app.
7. It will be cast on your Android TV.
8. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and choose Disconnect.
1. Connect both your Android TV and Windows or Mac PC to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Chrome web browser on your PC.
3. Visit the BBC iPlayer website on your browser.
4. Right-click on the screen and select the Cast option.
5. Select your Android TV from the list of devices on your screen.
6. Play the title you want and watch it on the TV screen.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
For Sony Smart TV, you can install the BBC iPlayer app only on the TV models manufactured from 2014 and above. In the older models, you can’t install the app.