Audible is an interesting streaming service with intriguing podcasts and audiobooks. Developed by Amazon, Audible is for book lovers and podcast streamers. Unlike other audio streaming platforms like Spotify and Tidal, Audible doesn’t have millions of songs and playlists. Audible has the best collection of books from genres like Sci-Fi, Crime, Self-Help, and Young Adult. With the Audible app on Android TV, you can access over 2,00,000 audio programs from popular publishers, entertainers, and broadcasters.
|Subscription Plan||Subscription Cost|
|Audible Plus||$7.95 per month|
|Audible Premium Plus||$14.95 per month|
|Audible Premium Plus – 2 credits||$22.95 per month|
|Audible Premium Plus Annual – 12 credits||$149.50 per year|
|Audible Premium Plus Annual – 24 credits||$229.50 per year|
You can use Audible for free. Without a subscription, you can pay full price for the book. With a subscription, you can use the credits to buy a book.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Access Audible on Android TV
The Audible app is not available for Android TVs. You have to sideload the app on your Android TV using Downloader or ES File Explorer.
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch Google Play Store on it.
2. Select the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Downloader app icon from the search results.
4. Tap the Install button to get the Downloader app on your Android TV.
5. Then, open the Settings on your TV and choose Device Preferences.
6. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
7. Select the Unknown Sources feature.
8. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
9. Now, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. Enter the AFTVnews Plugin download URL (browser.aftvnews.com) to download it.
11. Then, enter the Audible Android TV APK URL.
12. Select the Go button to download the APK file.
13. Then, tap the Install button to get the Audible app.
14. Install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV from the Play Store to access APK files.
15. Now, launch the Audible app and listen to audiobooks and podcasts.
How to Cast Audible on Android TV
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Audible app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Then, go to Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon. The name of the icon may vary based on smartphones.
4. On the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
5. Next, launch the Audible app on your Android smartphone and play any audio file.
6. The audio file stream on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Kindle Oasis (9th Gen)
- Kindle Oasis (8th Gen)
- Kindle Fire tablets
- Windows Phone
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Audible app is not available for Smart TVs.