AT&T TV is one of the best streaming services to stream hundreds of live TV channels and on-demand videos at an affordable price. Now, AT&T TV has expanded its support to Android TV, so you can install the app directly from the Google Play Store. With AT&T TV, you can stream popular channels like ESPN, CBS, FOX, TLC, and more. To access this service on your device, you need to subscribe to any of its subscription plans. It also offers unlimited cloud storage for the users to record their favorite live TV shows and stream them later.
Important Update: The name of AT&T TV and AT&T TV Now got rebranded to DIRECTV STREAM on August 26, 2021. So AT&T TV is no longer available for the new subscribers, and the current customers can continue their service at DIRECTV.
How to Install AT&T TV (DIRECTV) on Android TV
Get yourself an AT&T TV subscription, and follow these steps to watch AT&T TV on your TV.
1. Start by pressing the Home button of your TV remote.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to and click on the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type down and search for the AT&T TV (DIRECTV) app.
5. Choose the official app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button to download the app.
7. Wait till the download completes.
8. When the download is over, open the AT&T TV app on your TV.
9. Sign In to your AT&T TV account with credentials.
10. Start streaming your favorite content from the app.
How to Cast AT&T TV (DIRECTV) to Android TV
1. Connect your Android/iOS Smartphone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the AT&T TV app on your Android or iOS device from App Store or Play Store.
3. Open the app and Sign in to your AT&T TV account.
4. Play any on-demand title or Live TV stream on the app.
5. Navigate to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon on your Smartphone.
6. Choose your Android TV from the list. Within a few seconds, the app starts casting the content on your TV.
How to Sideload AT&T TV (DIRECTV) on Android TV
If you are outside the US and still need to watch AT&T TV, you might need to use a VPN on Android TV. In that case, if you need to add the app, you might need to sideload it. Follow these steps to sideload the AT&T TV app on your Android TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android TV.
2. On the Play Store, click on the Search icon.
3. Type down and search for Downloader by AFTV news on the search bar.
4. Click the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
After downloading the Downloader app, we need to enable it to add apps from unknown sources. Follow these steps for the same.
1. Launch the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Navigate to and click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Further, choose the Unknown Sources option.
4. Select the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install AT&T TV using Downloader
Finally, you need to use Downloader to add AT&T TV to your TV. Follow these steps for the same.
1. Initially, open the Downloader app on your TV.
2. Click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the URL for AT&T TV in the URL section of the app.
4. Click on the Go option and download the APK file.
5. Finally, Install it on your TV.
Note: If you want several hours of on-demand content, you shall get Freeview on Android TV.
Other Devices that support AT&T TV
Apart from Android TVs and Android TV boxes, you can enjoy AT&T TV on multiple devices. Here is a list of other devices that support AT&T TV.
- Amazon Fire TV and Cube
- Apple TV
- Google Chromecast
- iPhone and iPad
- Android Phone and Tablet
- Windows and Mac
- LG Smart TV and Samsung Smart TV
- VIZIO Smart TV
AT&T TV Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
AT&T TV Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Nvidia Shield TV
AT&T TV doesn’t have just one subscription plan. They have curated four different plans with different channel line-ups.
- The Entertainment package costs you $69.99 per month.
- You can enjoy more than 75 top essential Live TV channels on this package.
- Also, enjoy more than 40000 titles on-demand.
- It also comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage.
- The Choice package charges you $89.99 per month.
- This includes more than 105 channels including regional sports channels.
- Also, you can enjoy a free HBO Max subscription for one whole year.
- Additionally, it gives you 40000 on-demand titles with unlimited cloud DVR.
- The Ultimate package is dedicated to movie and sports lovers and costs $104.99 per month.
- It streams more than 140 live channels, including regional sports channels.
- Furthermore, you can enjoy more than 55000 on-demand titles with unlimited cloud DVR.
- Additionally, enjoy HBO Max for one whole year for free.
- The Premier Package is considered the greatest AT&T TV package.
- It costs you $149.99 monthly with more than 150 channels, including Regional Sports channels.
- Also, you can enjoy more than 10 premium channels like STARZ, HBO Max, and SHOWTIME for free.
- Also, you can enjoy more than 65000 titles with unlimited cloud DVR storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Launch the Play Store on your Android TV and search for AT&T TV. Install the app on your device and Sign in with your account credentials.