Astro GO offers more than 65,000 on-demand content and 100 live TV channels. You can install the Astro GO app on your smartphones, streaming devices, and Smart TV. As the Astro GO app is featured with cross-platform access, you can watch the video content from where you left off on any device without any lags. Astro GO has its own app for Android TV and Android TV Box. You can install the app on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.
If you are an Astro customer, you can stream all the video content Astro GO app for free. If you are not an Astro user, you can buy a standalone subscription. Astro GO offers nine types of subscription plans.
- Primary Pack: RM 59.99.
- Entertainment Pack: RM 89.99
- Sports Pack: RM 89.99. Limited time offer RM 59.99.
- Movies Pack: RM 94.99 Limited time offer RM 59.99.
- Entertainment Plus Pack: RM 129.99 Limited time offer RM 99.99.
- Premium Pack 1 – Primary with Movies & Sports: RM 124.99 Limited time offer RM 99.99.
- Platinum Pack: RM 194.99 Limited time offer RM 129.99.
- Premium Pack 2: Entertainment Plus with Sports: RM 149.99 Limited time offer RM 99.99
- Premium Pack 3: Entertainment Plus with Movies: RM 154.99 Limited time offer RM 99.99
The number of channels and the streaming app availability depends on the subscription. You will get only 85+ live TV channels in the Primary Pack and the Astro Go app. You will get 140+ live TV channels in the Platinium pack and five streaming apps like Astro GO, Disney+, Netflix, HBO GO, and Anywhere+.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Install Astro GO on Android TV [In Malaysia]
Astro GO app is available only in Malaysia and geo-restricted in other countries. You can install the app on your Android TV from the Play Store only in Malaysia. You have to sideload the app on your Android TV for other countries.
1. Power on your Android TV and go to the Apps section.
2. Launch the Google Play Store and select the Search menu.
3. Search for the Astro GO app using the search bar.
4. Choose the Astro GO app icon from the search results.
5. Select the Astro GO app and tap on the Install button.
6. Next, launch the Astro GO app and sign In to your account.
7. Enjoy watching the shows from Astro GO on your TV.
How to Sideload Astro GO on Android TV in the US
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app icon.
4. Tap the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Launch the Settings menu on your Android TV and choose the Device Preferences option.
6. On the menu, click the Security & Restrictions option.
7. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
8. Select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
9. Now, launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. Select the Allow option when a prompt appears on your screen.
11. Go to the Search Bar and enter the AFTVnews Plugin download URL (browser.aftvnews.com). Without the plugin, you can’t install APK files.
12. Then, enter the Astro GO Android TV APK URL (https://bit.ly/3Bjb0Bq) and click the Go button.
13. Download the Astro GO APK file on your Android TV and tap the Install button.
14. Get the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to open the Astro GO app and stream your favorite content.
How to Watch Astro GO on Android TV Using Smartphone
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi connection.
2. On your Android phone, install the Astro GO app from the Play Store.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon. The name of the icon may vary based on the brand of the Android smartphone.
4. Pick your Android TV from the list of devices.
5. Click the Start Now button.
6. Now, your smartphone screen will mirror to your Android TV.
7. Open the Astro GO app and play any video content
8. The video content will appear on the TV screen.
Other Supported Devices
- Android smartphone
- Android tablet
- Huawei phone
Frequently Asked Questions
You can install the Astro GO app on any Android box with Android 7.0 and above.