Are you fed up with using Play Store to download apps on your Android TV? Try Aptoide instead of Play Store to download your favorite applications to personalize your Android TV without any restrictions. As it is one of the better alternatives for the Play Store, you can get more than 2500 apps and games for your Android TV. Aptoide TV is not readily available on the Play Store of all Android TVs. So, users must sideload the APK file on Android TV using a reliable sideloading tool. Here, we’re using the Downloader application to sideload and install Aptoide. You can also the ES File Explorer app to sideload the app on your TV.
Since the application has a user-friendly interface, all types of users can easily navigate and go through this application in order to get their desired programs in an APK format. The Aptoide TV APK file is only 12 MB in size. You can get the Aptoide TV on any Android device with Android version 4.2 and above. All the apps and games available on the Aptoide TV are free to download on any device. There is no subscription or sign-up process needed on the platform.
How to Install Aptoide TV on Android TV
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of Aptoide TV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Aptoide TV app on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Use Aptoide TV on Android TV
1. Open the Aptoide TV app.
2. Click OK on the New Update screen.
3. Tap on Allow to access your photos, videos, and media stored on your device.
4. You can find more apps by clicking on the Discover option.
5. Under the Categories section, you can find the apps in Tools, Social, Communication, Games, and more.
6. If you click on Games, you can see the subcategories like Educational, Music, Casual, Action, Casino, and more.
7. Select the category and app you want and tap Install to download it on your Android TV.
While installing apps or games from Aptoide TV, make sure that the APK is not corrupted. Some of the APK files on the Aptoide TV are available with corrupted files. Installing those corrupted files will harm the OS of your Android TV. If you can’t install any APK files from the Aptoide TV, you must update your Android TV to its latest version.
Supported Android TV Models for Aptoide TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes for Aptoide TV
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mi Box 4K
- AT&T Box
- Ematic Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t find the app in the official app store of Android TV.
No, it is not safe to use. However, apps with a green shield checkmark are tested and free from malware. You can install those applications from Aptoide.