Are you long-awaited to watch Ted Lasso Season 3 on Android TV? You can stream all 12 episodes of this season using Apple TV. As the Apple TV app is available on the Google Play Store, you can easily install it on your Android TV. This app is compatible with all Android TV models running Android 8.0 or later. Additionally, you can stream Apple TV by visiting its official website from a web browser on Android TV.
Alternatively, you can sideload the Apple TV APK on your Android TV using Downloader. For sideloading, you should turn on some settings on Android TV which is essential for installing any apps from an unknown source.
To access Apple TV on any device, you need an Apple TV+ subscription that costs $6.99 per month after a 7-day free trial. You can watch award-winning documentaries and Apple Originals like Schimigadoon!, The Big Door Prize, Shrinking, and Truth Be Told. In addition, you can buy or rent the latest movies and stream them in 4K HDR quality on your Android TV.
How to Get Apple TV on Android TV
To stream Apple TV on your Android TV, you can try any of these methods based on your convenience.
- Install Apple TV from Play Store
- Visit Apple TV’s Official Website
- Sideload Apple TV APK using Downloader
- AirPlay Apple TV from an Apple device
How to Install Apple TV on Android TV
1. On your Android TV remote, press the Home button to open the home screen.
2. Choose the Apps tab and then navigate to open the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Search for Apple TV by typing it down on the search bar.
5. Select the Apple TV app icon from the search results on your screen.
6. To start installing the app, click on the Install button.
7. Once the download finishes, click Open to launch the Apple TV app.
8. Get the Activation code on your screen.
9. Visit activate.apple.com from a web browser.
10. Enter the activation code in the field and click Continue.
11. Sign in with your Apple ID to validate your account.
You have successfully validated the Apple TV subscription. Click Watch Now on the TV screen to start streaming movies, TV shows, and more on your Android TV.
How to Watch Apple TV on Android TV Using Web Browser
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://tv.apple.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. Tap Sign In at the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Once you signed in, click on a movie or TV show that you want to watch.
This way, you can stream the Apple TV content on your TV. You can get MLS Season Pass to watch MLS 2023 on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Apple TV to Android TV Using iPhone or iPad
The latest Android TV models support Apple HomeKit so you can AirPlay media content using your iPhone or iPad. For this purpose, you should connect your smartphone to the same WIFI network as your Android TV.
1. Enable Airplay on your Android TV.
- Press the Input button on the Android TV remote control.
- Select Airplay.
- On the next screen, click on AirPlay & HomeKit settings.
- Turn on the Airplay setting.
2. Install the Apple TV app on your iPhone or iPad and open the app.
3. Click the Airplay icon that you can see on the media player.
4. Select your Android TV from the list (Your Android TV and iPhone must be on the same WiFi network).
5. If prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode to connect.
Using AirPlay, the Apple TV content will play on your TV.
How to Sideload Apple TV APK on Android TV
Users who had an older version of Android TV can sideload the Apple TV apk with the help of the Downloader app.
#1. First of all, enable unknown sources for the Downloader app to sideload apps on an Android TV.
Go to Settings → Device Preferences → Security & restrictions → Unknown sources → Enable Downloader.
#2. Launch the Downloader app on Android TV.
#3. Select the Home tab, and enter the Apple TV APK in the URL field.
#4. Click Go to download the Apple TV APK file on your TV.
#5. After downloading, open the file and click Install.
#6. Once the installation is completed, launch the Apple TV app and go through the activation process.
Supported Android TVs
- TCL Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart Box
- DIRECTV Stream
Other Supported Devices
- iPhone and iPad
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Roku Streaming devices
- Roku TV
- Smasung, LG, and Vizio TVs
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Xbox Series X and S
Frequently Asked Questions
If the Apple TV app is not working properly, you can restart the app to fix it. Still, if you have issues, you can reset the Apple TV app by going to Settings → Reset → Reset.
Open the Play Store on Sony TV → Search for Apple TV → Choose Apple TV → Click Install → Open Apple TV → Sign in with your Apple TV account → Start streaming.