When it comes to music, we have quite a number of options for Android TV, like Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, and more. Yet, Apple Music is not available for Android TVs and TV Boxes. To listen to Apple Music songs and podcasts on your Android TV, you have to use the website or sideload the app on your Android TV.
How to Access Apple Music Website on Android TV
For Android TV, using a web browser on their device is the best option to listen to Apple Music. You can install a compatible web browser from the Play Store or sideload any of the web browsers on Android TV to access the Apple Music website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Go to the search bar and visit the Apple Music website (https://music.apple.com/).
3. Select the Sign In option and log in with your Apple ID.
4. For verification, you may need to enter the verification code. You will get the verification code on your iPhone or iPad.
5. After the verification, you can listen to all the Apple Music songs and podcasts on your Android TV.
How to Get Apple Music Replay 2022 on Android TV
Similar to Spotify Wrapped, Apple Music released a new feature called Replay 2022 to see your music streaming statistics. As of now, the Replay feature is available only on the Apple Music website.
1. Go to the Apple Music website and click the Replay’22 tile. You can also go to the Apple Music Replay website (https://music.apple.com/replay) directly.
2. Click the Get Started button.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
4. Then, click the Play your highlight reel button to get quick stats about this year’s listening experience.
5. To get detailed stats, scroll down to the website. You will get total minutes, most played songs, favorite artists, total songs, most listened radio stations, and more.
How to Sideload Apple Music on Android TV
You are going to sideload Apple Music on your Android TV using the Downloader app. You can install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.
1. Open the Google Play Store on Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
3. Search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from among the search results.
5. Click on the Install button to get the app.
6. Open the Settings menu on your Android TV and select Device Preferences.
7. Click on the Security & restrictions option.
8. Click on the Unknown Sources feature.
9. Choose the Downloader app and enable the toggle.
10. Now, open the new Downloader app on your TV.
11. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
12. Now, download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
13. Then, enter the Apple Music Android TV APK URL (bit.ly/3ugkjOs) and click the Go button
14. Download the Apple Music APK file.
15. Finally, tap the Install button to get the app on your Android TV.
16. Sign in with your Apple ID and listen to all the songs.
How to Cast Apple Music to Android TV
The Apple Music app on Android smartphones and tablets has built-in Chromecast support. So, you can cast the app on your Android TV via WiFi from your smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Download the Apple Music app on your Android Smartphone from Google Play Store.
3. Open the Apple Music app and log in with your account.
4. Then, tap the Cast icon on the Apple Music app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Start casting the Apple Music app on your TV.
Apple Music is a subscription-based music streaming platform with Dolby Atmos sound quality. With an Apple Music subscription, you can listen to over 75 million tracks ad-free. The Apple Music subscription plan will cost you $10.99 per month.
- With your Student ID, you can get Apple at $4.99 per month.
- You can also get a one-month free trial to test the services.
- For a family, you can get an Apple Music subscription at $14.99 per month. You can enjoy the service on six different devices with personal accounts.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Toshiba Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- Mi Box
- NVIDIA Shield
- AT&T TV
- H96 Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Questions
The Apple Music app is supported on Samsung Smart TV. You can add the app from the Smart Hub like any other supported app.
The Apple Music available for Android smartphones is compatible with Chromecast. At the same time, Apple Music for iOS devices doesn’t support the Chromecast feature, you can only AirPlay the app.