Apollo TV is a popular video streaming app that brings various media content to watch. For your Android TV, it would be the best app to stream your favorite content for free. However, Apollo TV is not available in the official Play Store of Android TV. However, you can still install Apollo TV on your Android TV by sideloading the apk file from trusted sources.
In this tutorial, we will pen down the guidelines for both sideloading and screen mirroring methods to get Apollo TV on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Apollo TV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Apollo TV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for Apollo TV APK latest version: bit.ly/3TOldQ2
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Apollo TVon Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Apollo TV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Install Apollo TV on your smartphone by getting it from trusted third-party app platforms.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the Android smartphone to the same network.
3. Open Apollo TV on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app / Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Apollo TV Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Apollo TV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for Apollo TV, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for Apollo TV accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems and then setup your Smart TV to install the app again.
Apollo TV Alternatives
If you feel that Apollo TV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platforms to stream free movies/series. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Apollo TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is not available on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead, you have to sideload it by using the downloader app.
Yes. With Apollo TV, users can get unlimited entertainment with thousands of newly released movies in 1080p quality.