Apollo TV is a popular on-demand video streaming app that brings various media content to watch. For your Android TV, Apollo TV will be the best app to stream your favorite content for free. However, Apollo TV is not available in the official App Store of Android TV. However, you can still install Apollo TV on your Android TV by sideloading the apk file from trusted sources. Instead of using the side load method, you can cast Apollo TV from a smartphone to the TV.
By installing Apollo TV apk on Android TV, you will have unlimited entertainment with thousands of free movies and TV series in 1080p quality. The user-friendly interface gives you a premium streaming experience for the users. For all the media content, it displays an information page along with the ratings. Based on that, you can decide whether it is worth watching or not.
How to Sideload Apollo TV Apk on Android TV
Apollo TV doesn’t have a dedicated/official website to stream its content. So, you must install the Apollo TV app on Android TV with the help of the sideloading tool. Here, we’ve used the Downloader application as a sideloading tool. Ensure to sideload the apk file from trusted third-party sources.
1. Install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app from the Android TV home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left panel, and enter the download link of Apollo TV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Apollo TV APK on your TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast Apollo TV on Android TV
The Apollo TV is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Apollo TV from your smartphone to your TV.
1. Install Apollo TV on your smartphone by getting it from trusted third-party app platforms.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the Android smartphone to the same network.
3. Open Apollo TV on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app / Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
No. It is not available on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead, you have to sideload it by using the downloader app.
The major reason behind Apollo TV not working on your TV could be using the outdated app. Try sideloading the latest version of the Apollo TV apk and check whether it is working.