Would you like to watch anime on Android TV without any commercials? AnimeLab APK is the right one for you. Since it is an Android-compatible app, you can install this app from the Play Store. If you can’t find AnimeLab in the Play Store, it means that you are in a geo-restricted region. In such situations, you can sideload the app on Android TV using Downloader.
Important Note: In 2021, AnimeLab has been merged with Funimation. There is a chance for AnimeLab to stop working since the developers are planning to close the app shortly. So, you can install Funimation on Android TV as an alternative.
How to Install AnimeLab on Android TV from Play Store
1. On your Android TV home screen, click on Apps and open Google Play Store.
2. Using the search icon, search for the AnimeLab.
3. Once you find the app, click on the Install button to get the app on your Android Smart TV.
4. Wait for the installation process to get over and launch the app.
How to Sideload AnimeLab APK using Downloader
Sideloading is a way to download any APK files that are not available on the Google Play Store as well as on the official website. Before you begin, copy the URL of the AFTVnews plugin and the URL of the AnimeLab APK from any trusted source.
1. Open the Google Play Store from your Android Smart TV home screen.
2. Search for Downloader, select the app, and click the Install button.
3. Wait for the installation process to get over and open the app.
FYI: If Downloader is unavailable in the Play Store, visit (aftvnews.com/downloader) to download the app on your device.
4. After installing, you should tweak Android TV settings to allow Downloader for installing apps from unknown sources.
5. Go to Android TV Settings and click on Device Preferences.
6. From there, choose Security & restrictions.
7. Click Install unknown apps and toggle the Downloader option to turn it on.
8. Once you customized your settings, you have to install the AFTVnews plugin on Downloader. Without that plugin, you cannot install any apk files using the Downloader app.
9. Later, open the Downloader app and accept the permissions required for accessing the Android TV storage.
10. Tap the Home tab and enter the URL of the AnimeLab apk on the search bar and click on Go.
11. After it gets downloaded, open the APK file and tap Install.
12. Once the installation is complete, click Open to launch the app.
How to Watch AnimeLab on Android TV from Anywhere
AnimeLab is only accessible in the United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Ireland, and Australia. If you are residing in any other country, you have to use a VPN on Android TV to unblock geo-restrictions.
1. Go to the official website of ExpressVPN.
2. Sign-up for the service with the necessary details.
3. After signing in, install ExpressVPN on your Android TV from the Play Store.
4. Open the ExpressVPN app and sign in with your subscribed account.
5. Choose any US, Australia, or New Zealand server and click Connect.
6. Once the connection is established, open the AnimeLab app and start streaming the content.
Supported Android TVs
- Sharp Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV Stream
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Onn Android TV 4K
- Sky Stream
- Mi Box 4K
Key Features of AnimeLab
- The AnimeLab app is free to install.
- You can watch the content with subtitles.
- Both subbed and dubbed content is available.
- You can download your favorite episode to watch it offline.
- Watch videos in high-definition such as 720p and 1080p.
If you are looking for an alternative to AnimeLab, we have a few recommendations with advanced features.
If you wish to explore a huge library of Indonesian anime, FoxAnime is the best option. It has over 30,000 episodes that include the best titles from AnimeBoy, GogoAnime, KissAnime, 9anime, and more. Since it updates its library regularly, you can find anime content in various genres such as action, love, drama, adventure, school, etc.
Crunchyroll is the world’s largest anime library that contains over 1000 tiles. You can install Crunchyroll on Android TV from the Google Play Store. It is the place to watch critically acclaimed titles like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Platinum End, Attack on Titan, Naruto Shippuden, and more. Moreover, it offers a free trial for 14 days upon signing up for premium.
AnimeLab is an ad-free app. To unlock more special features, get the premium pack.
AnimeLab costs around $8 per month and it is also affordable to the users.