Animal Planet or Animal Planet Go is one of the perfect streaming apps to watch wild-life content and lifestyle. The service mainly focuses on wild animals, environmental facts, infotainment shows, and much more in its interesting TV shows. The channel doesn’t come with a standalone subscription, so you must be a cable TV user to stream this channel. Since the app is unavailable on Google Play Store, you cannot install the app officially from the Google Play Store. To explore the channel library of the Animal Planet channel on Android TV, you need to sideload it using third-party apps like Downloader or ES File Explorer.
Table of Contents
How to Install Animal Planet on Android TV
The Animal Planet app is yet to be available for Android TV. To use the Animal Planet app, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Animal Planet GO APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Animal Planet Go APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the desired country server.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Activate Animal Planet on Android TV
1. Open Animal Planet on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the login button to get the code.
3. Now, go to Animal Planet’s activation website [https://auth.animalplanet.com/link] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Link TV Provider button.
5. Select your TV Provider and sign in with your TV provider account to complete the activation.
6. Now, Animal Planet will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Watch Animal Planet Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the Animal Planet website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.animalplanet.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of Animal Planet will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Link TV Provider button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Animal Planet on Android TV
If you don’t want to access the website, you can screen mirror the Animal Planet app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Animal Planet Go app on your Android using Play Store.
3. Log in to the Animal Planet Go app with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Animal Planet app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Key Features of Animal Planet
- Stream live TV channels and get access to the schedule guide of channels.
- Watch thousands of on-demand episodes and classic hits on the channel.
- Stream the content from where you have left by using the Continue Watching section.
- The channel app supports Catchup support.
- Stream your favorite episode on your TV and app using Closed captioning support.
- Save TV shows to the My List section to watch them later.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, the streaming app is not available on Philips Android TV.
Unfortunately, the Animal Planet Go app is not compatible with Google TV App Store.