Angry Birds or Angry Birds Classic is an interesting game that we all enjoyed playing. This casual video game was launched back in 2009 and developed by Rovio Entertainment. The Angry Birds game features a few wingless birds as the main characters, along with a few small green pigs. The players of the game will have to make use of a slingshot in order to launch the birds on these green pigs. The green pigs are placed at various places on different structures. As you progress through the game, you can get access to more birds to destroy the pigs and their weird structures. Let’s enjoy playing Angry Birds on Android TV.
Angry Birds on Android TV
Rovio Entertainment hasn’t provided an official Android TV app of Angry Birds as of today. So, let’s find out how to access the same game on an Android TV.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Get Angry Birds on Android TV
As we don’t have an official Angry Birds app that one can download on the Smart TV platform, we need to sideload it.
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Firstly, turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store on it.
2. From the Play Store, select the Search icon and search for the Downloader by AFTV news app on it.
3. Next, click on the Downloader app icon from the search results.
4. Next, click on the Install button.
5. Now, the Downloader app installs on your Android TV. You can also check our detailed guide on how to install Downloader on Android TV.
Enabling Unknown Sources
1. From the home screen, open the Android TV Settings.
2. Next, click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Also, select the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, select the Downloader option and enable the app using the toggle.
Installing Angry Birds on Android TV using Downloader
1. Firstly, launch the new Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. As soon as a prompt appears, click on the Allow option.
3. In the respective field on Downloader, type in the Angry Birds for Android TV URL and search for it.
4. Select the Go option and initiate the download of the APK file for the Angry Birds app.
5. Tap the Install button to get the Angry Birds app on your Android TV.
7. Use the remote control or any game controllers to play the Angry Birds game on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
- iPhone (iOS 10.0 or newer)
- iPad (iOS 10.0 or newer)
- Tablet (Android 5 or newer)
- Android phone (Android 5 or newer)
- Windows Phone
- Gaming consoles
Related: How to Play Crossy Road on Android TV.
Frequently Asked Devices
Yes, you can add the Angry Birds game on your TV by sideloading it.
The Angry Birds game was discontinued in July 2019. Still, you can get the apk files for the game.