With various remote controls apps on your smartphone, it is very easy to control your Android TV without the remote. Among them, Android TV Remote is one such application preferred by people worldwide. If you have used the Android TV Remote App for a while, you know how innovative it is. But people come across situations where they cannot connect the Android TV remote app to the TV. If you have come across a situation like that, the following solutions will help you fix an Android TV remote app that is not working properly.
Android TV Remote App Not Working: Troubleshooting Tips
1) Check Your Internet Connection
First of all, ensure that the internet connection is stable enough to not cause any issues with the app connectivity. Next, make sure that Android TV and phone are connected to the same WiFi network. If you find that your internet connection is not proper, you can restart the router and connect to it.
1. Open the Settings menu from the home screen on your Android TV.
2. From the Settings menu, choose the Network and Internet option.
3. Here, you can find whether the TV is connected to a WiFi network or not.
2) Restart Your App
Sometimes, the issue might be resolved once you restart the Android TV remote app. Also, check whether the application has received any update or not. If you find any updates, update it to function without any issues.
3) Connect With Your Android TV via Bluetooth
You can connect the Android TV Remote App with the help of Bluetooth as well. If you connect via Bluetooth, you can eliminate connectivity issues over WiFi.
1. On your phone, turn on the Bluetooth feature.
2. Next, launch the Android TV Remote App on your phone.
3. From the list on your screen, you need to choose your Android TV.
4. If you are prompted with a pairing request, click on Pair.
5. Once you get a Bluetooth notification on your phone, tap Pair.
Note – The method of establishing Bluetooth might be different on different devices. So, if you have any queries, check the manufacturer manual.
3) Restart or Reboot Your Phone
Generally, one can fix the basic issues on a smartphone with a restart. Let’s try this idea to fix the Android TV Remote App issue. Restarting a phone might vary on different devices. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until a prompt appears on your screen. Select Restart or Reboot and wait for a few minutes until the restart is completed. Now, check if the issue with Android TV Remote App persists.
4) Restart Your Android TV
1. Turn off your Android TV and remove the power cord from the power plug.
2. Keep the device unplugged from the power source for the next few minutes.
3. Reconnect the Android TV to the power source.
4. Turn on your device and connect the Android TV Remote App to it.
5. If you still find that the problems with the app exist, you can move on to the next troubleshooting tip.
5) Software Update on Android TV
Sometimes, updating the software of Android TV can help you fix the issues on it. Similarly, you can fix the connection problem with Android TV Remote App.
1. If you have any available software updates, you can find a notification on the top right corner of your home screen.
2. If you have a pending update, click on the Update option.
3. With that, you get a pop-up menu on which you need to click the Details option.
4. Next, click on the Update Now option and wait for the process to complete.
5. Once it is completed, try connecting the Android TV Remote App.
Frequently Asked Questions
There might be more than just one reason causing your TV remote app to stop working. You can find useful troubleshooting tips above.
Yes. Android and iPhone devices have a lot of remote control apps on their app store to control the Android TV and other smart TVs.