In Android TVx, you can install apps and games without any restrictions. However, most Android TVs won’t have too much internal storage to play with. When you reach the storage limit, you have to uninstall apps on your Android TV. But if you have already installed a lot of apps, it will be quite a hassle for you to remove them one by one. With the help of Recovery mode on Android TV, you can delete all apps at once, update your TV firmware, and more.
Ways to Get to Android TV Recovery Mode
There are different ways that you can use to get to the recovery mode. In Android TVs, you can use the kit remote. For Android TV Boxes, you have to use the Reset button on the device.
Recovery Mode on Android TV
1. Make sure your Android TV is turned on and unplug the power cable from the power source.
2. Press the Home and back buttons at the same time.
3. Plug the power cable back into the power source.
4. Your Android TV will start to boot up and keep pressing the buttons.
5. When you see the Recovery mode appearing on the screen, release the buttons.
How to Put Android TV Box in Recovery Mode
1. On your Android TV box, identify the Reset button and Power button/plug.
2. Power on your device, press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.
3. The Android logo will appear and it will automatically boot into Recovery mode.
How to Factory Reset Android TV in Recovery Mode
1. Go to Recovery Mode and select Wipe data/factory reset.
2. You will receive a warning saying, “Wipe all user data? This can not be undone !” Select Yes.
3. Now, your Android TV will begin to reset.
4. Once the reset is over, select Reboot system now. Sometimes it will take a while to reboot your Android TV.
5. The system will reboot and you will be directly taken over to the Android TV setup page. Now, all the apps that you have installed on your Android TV will be deleted.
You can follow the same steps to get the recovery mode on any smart TV like Philips, Sony, TCL, Hisense, Toshiba, and more.
How to Update Android TV Box in Recovery Mode
1. Open the browser on your PC and enter your Android TV Box name along with the model number and also add Firmware at the end. For instance, search for Tanix TX28 Firmware.
2. From the search results, choose the official website.
3. Download the Firmware Zip file on your PC.
4. Connect an SD card or flash drive to your PC and copy the zip file on it.
5. Insert the SD card or flash drive into your Android TV box.
6. Go to the Recovery Mode and click on Apply update from SD card.
7. Select the Firmware file and your Android TV box will flash the new Firmware.
8. It will show the results on the screen. Whether the Firmware flashing was a success or was it aborted due to an error.
9. Click on the Reboot system now to reboot your device.
If your Android TV or Android TV Box is struck on the Recovery Mode screen or the recovery mode is not working on your TV, unplug your TV from the power source and keep it idle for 30 mins. Then, turn it on to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recovery mode on your TV is a setting where you can gain access to some of the core functions of your device like factory reset, clear cache, restart TV, and more.
On your TCL TV, find the Reset button on the backside. Get a paperclip and hold the Reset button for 20 seconds to get into recovery mode.