Today, we have a lot of interesting streaming devices to choose from. Android TV tops these available streaming options because of its simple and user-friendly interface. There are a lot of applications available when it comes to Android TV. You can download all the popular apps and games on your device and enjoy accessing them. Android TV keyboard is very helpful to perform different functions on your TV. You can use it while searching for apps, settings, and anything on the device. If your Android TV keyboard is not working properly, the following solution will help you to overcome the issue.
Android TV Keyboard Not Working: Solutions
Use USB Powered External Keyboard
Wired keyboards have been of great use to people for a very long time. If you have a physical external keyboard, you can use it with your Android TV. The Android TV comes with a USB port to connect the keyboard easily.
An External Wireless Keyboard
If you have a wireless keyboard, you can connect it to your Android TV via Bluetooth.
1. Turn on your Android TV as well as the wireless keyboard.
2. From the home screen, launch Settings and click on the Remote And Accessories option.
3. Click on the Add Accessory option and search for your wireless keyboard.
4. Select your wireless keyboard from the screen, and then you can start using it on your TV.
A Smartphone Keyboard App
We have the Android TV Remote Control app that comes with many useful features to control your smart TV effectively. It comes with a D-pad, keyboard, remote, and touchpad for your Android TV. Everyone has a smartphone, and adding this app is the best solution to a keyboard that is not working.
1. On your Android phone, download the Android TV Remote Control app.
2. Launch the new app and click on the Accept & Continue option.
3. As a prompt appears on your screen, click on the Continue option.
4. From the list of available devices on your screen, choose your Android TV and enter the pin to connect it.
5. From the top right corner of your screen, click on the keyboard icon.
6. With that, the built-in keyboard of the Android TV remote app appears on your screen, and you can use it to control your Android TV.
Related – How to Record Screen on Android Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Android TV has a built-in keyboard that will help you type in words on the same. If it doesn’t work, you can use the alternatives mentioned here.
You can use a wired keyboard, a wireless keyboard, or the Android TV remote app as an alternative for the built-in Android TV keyboard.