AMC is an American television channel that streams shows, movies, and series along with original content. It has two apps, AMC and AMC+. Both the AMC and AMC+ app is available for Android TV. You can install the app from the Play Store. The major difference between the apps is that AMC needs a TV provider subscription. Whereas AMC+ needs a standalone subscription. Both apps offer the same set of video content.
How to Install AMC on Android TV
1. Click on the Home button of your remote.
2. Click on the Apps tab on your screen.
3. Open Google Play Store and tap the Search icon.
4. On the search bar, search for AMC or AMC+ after typing it down.
5. Pick the AMC app and tap the Install button on the next screen.
6. After the installation, you can find AMC among all of your apps.
How to Install AMC+ on Android TV Using a Smartphone
1. Take your smartphone and make sure that the Google account is synced with your Android TV.
2. Open the Play Store and search for the AMC or AMC+ app.
3. Click the This Device button on the drop-down button and choose your Android TV.
4. Select the AMC app from the search result.
5. Tap the Install button. The AMC app will be installed on your Android TV.
How to Activate AMC on Android TV
The AMC app needs to be activated manually. In the case of the AMC+ app, you can log in with your subscribed account.
1. Launch the AMC or AMC+ app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Sign In option on your screen.
3. If you are using the AMC app, an activation code will appear on the screen. For the AMC+ app, you will get the Log In screen. Enter your AMC+ credentials and complete the process.
4. For the AMC app, note down the activation code.
5. Take your smartphone or PC and visit the AMC activation website (amc.com/activate)
6. Enter the activation code in the space provided and click on Submit.
7. Login with your TV provider account to verify the activation.
8. After the activation is verified, the AMC app will load all the video content.
9. Stream your favorite movie or TV show.
How to Stream AMC on Android TV Outside the US
If you are residing outside the US, you need a VPN to stream the shows on AMC. Then, you need to sideload AMC on your TV from any trusted site. Here is a simplified guide to help you sideload the app on your Android TV.
Installing Downloader on Google TV
To install third-party apps on Android TV, you need the Downloader app on your TV. You can find it in the Google Play Store for download.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Type down and search for the Downloader.
4. Pick up the app from the results and select the Install button.
Enable Unknown Sources
You need to make these changes to the default settings on your Android TV to sideload apps.
1. Click on the Settings option.
2. Scroll down to click on the Security & restrictions option.
3. Again, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose Downloader and then enable the feature by tapping on the toggle.
Install AMC Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the URL for AMC Android TV apk in the URL section of Downloader.
4. Click on the Go option and download the AMC APK file.
- AMC APK Link – https://rb.gy/5mzp
- AMC+APK Link – https://rb.gy/ia55
5. After downloading the file, install it by going through the on-screen prompts.
6. Now, log in with the TV provider to stream the shows and movies you want.
AMC Compatible TV Providers
If you have a TV provider subscription, you can sign up with AMC with the credentials of your provider subscription. Some of the popular TV providers with AMC include AT&T U-Verse, COX, Optimum, DISH, DIRECTV, Xfinity, and Verizon FiOS. Apart from cable TV providers, live TV providers like Philo, fuboTV, and YouTube TV also offers the AMC channel.
If your TV provider is not offering the AMC channel, you can get a subscription from the AMC Plus website. The subscription costs $8.99 per month with a 7-day free trial.
Supported Android TV
Here is a list of Android TVs where you can enjoy streaming AMC.
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you are an Amazon Prime Video user, you can add the AMC Plus as an add-on. However, you need to buy the AMC+ subscription worth $8.99 per month through Amazon to access the add-on.