Amazon Prime Video is a popular on-demand video streaming app. It is a subscription-based streaming app that is used by many people across the world. You can stream media content in all the categories from the app, such as entertainment, action, thriller, romance, and more. Amazon Prime Video app is available for most Smart TVs. You can even download the content to stream offline. When you experience any error on the app, like not responding, or not loading content on your Sony TV, don’t be worried. The problem may occur due to various reasons. With the below-given fixes, you can fix Amazon Prime Video not working on the Sony TV issue quickly.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video is Not Working on Sony TV
- Check your WiFi connection
- Reinstall the app on the TV
- Clear the cache in the app
- Update the Amazon Prime Video app
- Check the Settings on the TV
- Power cycle your Sony TV
- Compatible Models
- Update Sony TV
- Factory Reset your Sony TV
Check your WiFi Connection
Basically, all the streaming apps need a strong internet connection to load the content. When the app is loading the videos slowly, you can check your network. You can better restart your router and modem to get a proper connection. If still, you are facing a network problem, you can ask your internet service provider to solve the problem. To stream the Amazon Prime Video app without buffering, you need 1 Mbps for SD content and 5 Mbps for HD content.
Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video App on the TV
If the Amazon Prime Video app is not working on your Sony Smart TV, you can reinstall the app on your Sony TV. As you install the new app, your problem might get solved soon. To reinstall the app, follow the steps given below.
1. Go to Settings on your Sony TV home screen.
2. Open the Application Manager.
3. Choose the Prime Video app.
4. On the screen that appears, click Uninstall.
5. When the app is uninstalled, you can restart your Sony TV.
6. Open Play Store and search for the Amazon Prime Video app.
7. Click Install to install Amazon Prime on Sony TV.
8. Login with your credentials and start streaming from the app.
Clear Cache on the App
If the app is stored with a lot of temporary files, it might hang while streaming. To avoid this issue, you can clear the cache on the app.
1. On your Sony Smart TV, click on Settings.
2. Click on the Apps option and look for the Amazon Prime app.
3. Choose the Amazon Prime app and tap Clear Data and then the OK option to confirm.
4. Next, click Clear Cache and OK for confirmation.
5. On the next screen, click Force Stop and press the Home button on the remote.
6. Now, launch the Amazon Prime app and stream the videos without any interruptions.
Update Amazon Prime Video App
Amazon Prime Video app receives updates often. If you have not updated the app to the latest version, the app might show some error message on your Sony TV. To resolve this issue, you can update the Amazon Prime Video app.
1. Turn on your Sony TV and click on the Apps tab.
2. Open Play Store and navigate to the Updates section.
3. Search for Amazon Prime Video and choose the app.
4. Click Update to update the app.
Check the Settings on the TV
If there is no sound while streaming the videos on the app, you have to check certain audio settings on the TV.
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Go to Settings and choose Audio Mode.
3. Choose the preferred audio settings.
Dolby Digital Settings
1. Open the Settings on the TV and go to Display and Sounds.
2. Choose Audio and then the Dolby Digital Output.
3. Turn the settings off.
1. Press the Home button on the remote and go to Settings.
2. Choose Picture & Display.
3. Select Screen and choose one of the options available.
Power Cycle your Sony TV
Next, you can power cycle your Sony TV to ensure that the TV is working properly.
1. Remove the power cord from the power source and wait for a few minutes.
2. Replug the power cord and switch on the TV by pressing the Home button on the TV.
3. Now, launch the Prime Video app and play any content to watch.
In June 2019, Amazon stopped its Prime Video support for a lot of Sony TVs. Sony Smart TVs that are manufactured between 2010 and 2013 won’t have the support for Amazon Prime Video. You can check the full list of older Sony TV models that has no support for Amazon Prime Video.
Update Sony TV
If you have not updated your Android TV to the latest firmware, update it to solve the Amazon Prime not working problem on the TV.
1. Go to Settings >> Support.
2. Choose Software Update.
3. Choose Update Now to update the TV.
4. When the update is over, the TV will restart automatically.
Factory Reset your Sony TV
Finally, you can factory reset your Sony Android TV. This will erase all the data on your TV and the TV will be like a new one. Here are the steps.
1. Go to Settings on your Sony TV.
2. Click Device Preferences.
3. On the following screen, choose Reset and then the Factory reset option.
4. Choose Factory Reset and tap Erase Everything in the prompt that appears.
5. Next, click OK to confirm to factory reset your Sony TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reset Amazon Prime Video on your Sony Smart TV, you can clear the app’s cache.
Using the Play Store, you can update the Amazon Prime Video app on your Sony TV.