Amazon Photos is one of the best photo storage apps available on various devices. It provides online backups for photos and videos that are very safe and secure. The biggest advantage of Amazon Photos is that you can also use it on your Android TV, although it doesn’t have an app for TV platforms. Don’t get confused! To get Amazon Photos on Android TV, you have to either sideload its apk file or visit its official website.
Let’s see how to use Amazon Photos on Android TV with the help of multiple techniques.
Table of Contents
How to Access Amazon Photos Using Browser
As the simplest way, you can access the Amazon Photos platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Visit the official webpage of Amazon Photos through the browser.
3. Log in with your Amazon account using valid credentials.
4. Then, you can access your Amazon Photos files on your Android TV.
How to Sideload Amazon Photos APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Amazon Photos app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to view photos. However, this method applies only to the latest Android TVs and Android TV OS versions. So, make sure that your Android TV is updated to its latest version.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for Amazon Photos APK latest version: bit.ly/3vI6L25
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Now, you can view, save, and share photos and videos using Amazon Photos on Android TV.
How to Cast Amazon Photos on Android TV
If you’ve not opted for sideloading or a web surfing process, you can access your Amazon Photos on your TV through screen mirroring. Follow the below steps to screen mirror the Amazon Photos files from the smartphone to your TV.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Amazon Photos app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
3. After installing, launch the app and sign in with the Amazon account that you’re using for Amazon Photos.
4. Navigate to your favorite photo collections.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the photos from Amazon Photos will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Panasonic Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Sony Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
JVC Android TV
Hisense Android TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
AT&T TV Box
How to Fix Amazon Photos Not Working on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the Amazon Photos app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while viewing it on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for Amazon Photos, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for Amazon Photos accumulated on your Smart TV.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
Amazon Photos Alternatives
If you feel that Amazon Photos isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other cloud platforms to store and access your photos. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Amazon Photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since Amazon Photos is unavailable for Android TVs, you need to sideload it from any of the trusted sources.
Yes, you can use Amazon Photos without an Amazon Prime subscription. You can get up to 5GB of storage for photos and videos in the Amazon Photos app.