Android TV supports installing thousands of apps and games from Google Play Store. But, it also supports third-party app stores to sideload the apps that are not available on the Google Play Store. Amazon App Store is one popular third-party app store that you can use on your Android TV. Like Google Play Store, Amazon App Store also supports thousands of Android apps to install. So, if you want an alternative app store on your Android TV, install Amazon App Store.
Amazon App Store on Android TV
Unfortunately, the Amazon App Store app can’t be downloaded directly on the Android TV. So, you have to download the apk file from Amazon App Store official website. You must have a web browser and Downloader on your Android TV to do so.
1. First, install Google Chrome and Downloader on Android TV.
2. Launch the Chrome browser and visit the Amazon App Store website.
Note: By default, Amazon detects the operating system that you use to download the apk file. So, you have to download the apk file on an Android device.
3. On the website, click on the Get Amazon Appstore button to download the apk file.
4. The apk file will be downloaded to the Downloads on your device. Sometimes, the browser may ask you to click on the Download button manually.
5. You must remember the location where you have downloaded the apk file.
6. Now, you have to Allow Apps from Unknown Sources on Android TV as we are going to install the third-party apk file.
7. For that, go to Settings and then Device Preferences.
8. Scroll down and choose the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Under that, tap on the Unknown Sources option.
10. Now, you will see a list of apps. Among them, choose the Downloader app.
Sideload Amazon App Store Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app and tap Allow if prompted.
2. Now, type the Amazon App Store apk file link and click on the Go button.
3. Once downloaded, click on the Install button.
4. After the installation, return to the main screen.
5. Launch the Sideload Launcher app.
6. Now, select and open the Amazon App Store that you’ve sideloaded.
7. Sign in with your Amazon account and install Android apps on your Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Amazon App Store includes thousands of apps such as BBC iPlayer, Netflix, UKTV Play, Sky News, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, and much more.