Over the years, Google and Amazon have had several conflicts between their business proposals. So, a few Amazon-owned applications aren’t available for Android TV. Amazon Appstore is one such app that is not available on the Play Store. It is one popular and best third-party app stores for Android TV. Being a third-party app, Amazon Appstore can be installed on your device by sideloading it.
Among thousands of apps and games from the Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore offers wonderful and unique collections of various apps in a variety of categories. This app store is also helpful for accessing all our installed apps, their update status, and managing subscriptions in one place. So, if you want an alternative app store on your Android TV, you can go for Amazon Appstore.
This comprehensive guide pens down the sideloading instructions to install Amazon Appstore on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Amazon Appstore APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Amazon Appstore app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Amazon Appstore APK latest version: bit.ly/3Rq0gs0
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
4. After the installation, return to the home screen and go to the Apps section.
5. Launch the Sideload Launcher app on Android TV (if the Apps section doesn’t show the newly installed Amazon App Store)
6. Now, select and open the Amazon App Store that you’ve sideloaded.
7. Sign in with your Amazon account and install Android apps on your Android TV.
Amazon Appstore is developed and optimized for smartphone devices. So, it works in the portrait mode only by nature. To use this app for your Android TV, you need to install and use the Set Orientation app. The app will help to force the app to perform in landscape mode. Since the Set Orientation app isn’t available for Android TV, you should sideload it from trusted sources. Remember, this screen orientation app can also turn your Android TV into portrait mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You can’t install the Amazon App Store on Android-based devices, including Android TV since it is not available on the Google Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload it from the unknown sources.
Amazon App Store includes thousands of apps such as BBC iPlayer, Netflix, UKTV Play, Sky News, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora, and much more.