AirScreen is a combined AirPlay, Miracast, DLNA, Cast, Cloud Server, Recording, and Duplicate screen app. The app lets you play videos, music, and photos from other devices like phones, tablets, and laptops. It works through Wi-Fi or Ethernet. With this app, you can get access to more than 100000 TV shows and movies. On top of that, you can listen to millions of songs from different apps like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and more. Let’s find out how to add and access the AirScreen app for Android TV.
AirScreen lets you access a very broad collection of apps like iTunes, YouTube, Safari, and Chrome. If you wish to access media on a device, you need to install AirScreen only on it. You don’t need the AirScreen app on the device that sends the data. To be more specific, if you have the AirScreen app on your TV, you can get access to apps from other devices on it.
There are three different subscription tiers that you can go for.
- Monthly Subscription: $1.49 per month with a 7-day free trial.
- Annual Subscription: $12.99 per year.
- A 30-day Pass: $3.49 with no free trial.
AirScreen for Android TV
AirScreen hasn’t made its app available on the platform as of today. So, you will have to sideload the AirScreen app to your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add AirScreen to Android TV
As you already know, you need to install AirScreen on your device from a third-party source. This is because of the fact that there is no AirScreen app on your Android TV. The process of installing the AirScreen app is categorized into three simple steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading AirScreen using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
First of all, you need to install an app called Downloader. This app is natively available on the Android platform for download. Above all, it helps you download third-party apps to your device.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Select the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Select the Search icon and type in Downloader.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from the suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Wait for a few minutes so that the app installs on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
Now that you have just installed the Downloader app, you can’t install any third-party apps. To make this work, you need to make certain settings on your Android TV in favor of the Downloader app. So, follow these instructions and make changes to your Android TV settings.
1. Launch the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen and go to Device Preferences.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Finally, select the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Installing AirScreen on Android TV using Downloader
Once you are done completely with changing the settings, it is finally time to install third-party apps on your device. To download AirScreen, follow the instructions as follows.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Allow option.
3. Enter the URL for the AirScreen Android TV apk in the respective section of the Downloader app.
4. Click on the Go option to download the apk.
5. Install the AirScreen app after downloading the apk file.
6. Once the download completes, launch the AirScreen app and Sign in to your account.
Other Devices that support AirScreen
Anyone with any of the following devices can access the AirScreen app easily.
- iPhone (iOS 8 and above)
- iPad (iOS 8 and above)
- Android phone (Android 5 and above)
- Tablet (Android 5 and above)
- Mac (macOS 10.5 and above)
- Windows PC (Windows 7 and above)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can access the AirScreen app on all devices with Android 5 and above.
Yes, AirScreen is supported on iOS devices with iOS 8 and above.