AirScreen lets you screen mirror your iPhone/iPad to your Android TV even though it does not support Apple AirPlay. But you cannot directly install AirScreen on Android TV since it is officially unavailable in the Google Play Store. Nonetheless, you can use the Downloader app to sideload AirScreen APK from an external source.
AirScreen allows users to wirelessly stream videos, music, and photos from other devices like phones, tablets, and laptops. Besides AirPlay, you can use Miracast, DLNA, and Cast to play media files on TV using an internet connection. With AirScreen, you can listen to music on iTunes, watch YouTube videos, or browse the web without installing any apps on Android TV.
How to Sideload AirScreen on Android TV
As you already know, you need to install AirScreen on your device from a third-party source using the Downloader app. The process of installing the AirScreen app is categorized into three methods.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Turn on Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Downloading AirScreen using Downloader
How to Install Downloader on Android TV
First of all, you need to install Downloader on Android TV. Luckily, this app is natively available on the Google Play Store.
1. Connect your Android TV to WIFI once you turn it on.
2. Go to the home screen, click the Apps icon, and open the Google Play Store.
3. Select the Search icon and type in Downloader.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from the suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Wait for a few minutes for the app to get installed on your TV.
How to Turn on Unknown Sources on Android TV
After installing the Downloader app, you need to enable permissions for Downloader to install apps from third-party websites.
1. Open Settings on your Android TV from its home screen and go to Device Preferences.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. Click on the Unknown Sources option on the menu.
4. Finally, select the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
How to Install AirScreen on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Click the Allow option if prompted for accessing the device storage.
3. Enter the URL for the AirScreen Android TV apk in the search term field.
4. Click on the Go option to download the apk from the mentioned source URL.
5. After downloading the apk file, open the file and click Install.
6. Within a few minutes, the AirScreen app will be installed on your Android TV.
How to Use AirScreen on Android TV
To AirPlay on Android TV, ensure that you have connected your Android TV to the same WIFI network as your iPhone/iPad.
1. Open the AirScreen app on your Android TV.
2. Click Start Now to go to the home screen.
3. Click on Settings and enable the AirPlay check box on the next screen.
4. Go back to the home screen, and click Help from the left pane.
5. Select iOS and click on AirPlay to make your TV available for mirroring.
6. Now open the Control Center on your iPhone/iPad, and click on Screen Mirroring.
7. Following that, select your device name to start mirroring your iOS screen to Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Onn Android TV 4K
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
AirScreen Other Supported Devices
- Android phone/tablet (Android 5 and above)
- Tablet (Android 5 and above)
- Amazon Firestick
- Mac (macOS 10.5 and above)
- Windows PC (Windows 7 and above)
AirScreen Subscription Plans
The AirScreen app is free to use but you can unlock more features by upgrading to a premium subscription.
- Monthly Subscription: $1.49 per month with a 7-day free trial.
- Annual Subscription: $12.99 per year.
- A 30-day Pass: $3.49 with no free trial.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can access the AirScreen app on all devices running Android 5 and above.
The AirScreen app not working issue can be fixed by these troubleshooting methods.
> Check if the casting device and TV are on the same WIFI network.
> Keep your smartphone within a WIFI range.
> Update Android TV to the latest version.
> Restart the AirScreen app.