AirPlay is a wireless feature that is used to share or stream videos, photos, music, and more. It was developed by Apple Inc. as a tool to communicate from iPhones, iPads, and Mac devices to Apple TV and Smart TV. With the help of AirPlay, you can easily establish a strong connection between Android TV and your iPhone.
To use AirPlay 2 on Android TV Box, you need to connect both the iPhone or iPad and Android TV to the same WiFi connection. Let’s see how to use the AirPlay feature on Android TV and cast videos from Apple devices.
Table of Contents
How to Enable AirPlay on Android TV
Whether you are using Airplay or Screen Mirroring, you must make sure that the AirPlay feature on your TV is turned on. As AirPlay is a new feature, make sure that your Android TV is updated to the latest firmware version. To do so,
1. Turn on your Android device and go to Settings.
2. Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
3. Choose the AirPlay option and turn it on.
4. You can set the Require Code to First Time Only or Never.
5. This will allow you to stream content from Apple TV to your Android TV.
Ways to Use AirPlay
- Using the built-in AirPlay feature
- Using the Screen Mirroring feature
- By using the Third-party App
How to Use AirPlay in Built-In Apps On Android TV
Popular streaming and Entertainment apps like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video come with the built-in AirPlay feature. With that, you can easily cast the video content from your iPhone to Android TV.
1. Open the app that has an inbuilt AirPlay feature.
2. Select the Video that you want and select the AirPlay icon.
3. From the list of available devices, choose your Android TV.
4. Now, the video content from your iPhone or iPad will stream on your Android TV Box through AirPlay.
How to Use AirPlay on Android TV Using Screen Mirroring
1. On your iPhone, go to the Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
2. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
3. Now, the entire iPhone screen will mirror your Android TV.
4. Play any video content from any app or scroll through images. It will appear on your Android TV.
How to Use AirPlay On Android TV Using Third-party App
Replica is an app used to screen mirror media content from iPhone or iPad to other casting devices. You can install the Screen Mirroring app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
1. Open the Screen Mirroring app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. You will see a list of devices on the screen, select the Andoird TV.
3. Now, you can see your iPhone screen on your Android TV.
4. Play any content from your iPhone. It will appear on your Android TV.
Apart from the Replica app, you can also use AirScreen and Airbeam TV to screen mirror iPhone to Android TV.
How to AirPlay on Android TV Without WiFi
If you have a weak network connection or struggle with AirPlay using WiFi, you can make use of HDMI cable and Lightning Digital AV adapter to screen mirror the iPhone content on your Android TV seamlessly.
1. Connect the lightning port of the adapter to your iPhone.
2. Establish the connection as follows: Pick the HDMI cable to plug one end of it into the adapter and another end into the Android TV.
3. Navigate to the Input settings on your TV and change the source to the connected HDMI.
Now, you can play whatever you want on your iPhone and it will appear on Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, with the latest version of Android TV OS, you can use the AirPlay feature.
Yes, you can AirPlay on TCL Smart TV.