ABC stands American Broadcasting Company is a popular US-based television network launched in 1948. Apart from being a television network, ABC is also a radio network for decades. It is currently owned by The Walt Disney Company since 1996. The channel news broadcasts, talk shows that will keep you updated with the latest updates. Popular shows on ABC includes American Housewife, Good Morning America, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and GMA3: What You Need To Know. Also, it brings sports programs in association with ESPN, its sister network. In this section, we shall focus on adding ABC on Android TV.
If you are looking for a cool all-rounder channel, then you need to choose the ABC app. ABC has the right to telecast the National Basketball Association (NBA). Also, it has the broadcast rights for American Music Awards, Emmy Awards, Academy Awards, and Country Music Association Awards. With the ABC app, you can watch these programs live on your TV.
ABC doesn’t have any additional subscription plans that you need to pay for. You only need a proper TV Provider subscription that will help you access the app on TV.
ABC on Android TV
We have the official ABC app for Android TVs that we can access on the device. Additionally, we can cast the ABC app from other devices on the TV. In this section, we shall discuss both ways in detail.
ABC Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
ABC Supported Android TV Boxes
- DIRECTV Stream
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add ABC on Android TV
Since we have the official ABC app in the Google Play Store of your Android TV, it is easy to add the app.
1. Turn on Android TV and then connect to the Wi-Fi network.
2. Further, launch the Google Play Store and then select the search icon.
3. With the help of the on-screen keyboard, search for the ABC app.
3. Choose the ABC app icon from the search result that appears.
4. Click on the Install option to start the installation process.
5. ABC app will take a few minutes to get installed on the device.
6. After installing, launch the ABC app and then get the Activation Code on your TV.
7. Next, visit the ABC Activation website on your PC and enter the activation code.
8. Sign in with the credentials of your TV provider.
9. Finally, play and watch the ABC shows on your TV at your convenience.
How to Cast ABC on Android TV
If adding the ABC app is not the right solution for you, choose to cast its app on your TV. Both the Android as well as iOS devices of ABC supports casting. So, let’s use this feature and access ABC on your TV.
1. Connect your Android TV and your casting device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. If you haven’t installed the ABC app, install it from the Google Play Store or App Store as needed.
3. Launch the ABC app and complete the sign-in process.
4. From the top-right corner of your app, select the Cast icon
5. From the available devices list, choose your Android TV.
6. Within a few seconds, the ABC app logo will appear on the TV.
7. Finally, play any video you like on the app and enjoy watching it on your TV.
How to Access ABC iView on Android TV
If you wish, you can access ABC iView (web version of ABC) on a supported web browser on Android TV. Follow these instructions to access ABC on your TV with a web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
1. Firstly, launch the required web browser on your Android TV.
2. Go to the ABC iView Website.
3. Complete any sign-up process following the on-screen prompts.
4. You can access the ABC account on your browser.
5. Browse through the ABC library, play any content and then enjoy watching it on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
Apart from Android TVs, we have a few other devices that support the ABC.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Google TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android smartphone (iOS 11 or later)
- Tablet (iOS 11 or later)
- iPhone (iOS 11 or later)
- iPad (iOS 11 or later)
- iPod Touch (iOS 11 or later)
- Web browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Android TV have ABC?
Yes, we have the official ABC app that you can download on your TV. Go to the Play Store and then download the app easily.
2. Is there an ABC app for Smart TV?
Yes, the ABC app is supported on different Smart TVs, including Samsung Smart TV.
3. Does Google TV have ABC?
The Chromecast with Google TV has the official ABC app in the Play Store that you can download easily.