9Now is the official streaming app of Channel 9. You can access the 9Now app only in Australia. The 9Now app is compatible with Android TV, and you can get this app from the Play Store. Also, you can stream Channel 9 through the 9Now official website on your Android TV.
9Now app offers live and on-demand content from Channel 9, 9Go!, 9 Gem, and 9Life. 9Now is completely free for streaming, and it contains Ads. You can resume the content from where you left off in this app. It also provides a Replay option for sports content.
This article deals with the installation and activation of the 9Now app on your Android TV. You can also sideload the app and use a VPN to stream Channel 9 from anywhere in the world.
Table of Contents
How to Install 9Now on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter 9Now in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select 9Now from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate 9Now on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the 9Now platform on your TV.
1. Launch the 9Now app and tap the Connect your TV button option from the home screen.
2. Now, your TV will display an Activation Code on the TV screen.
3. Further, visit the 9Now activation website (www.9now.com.au/activate) using a web browser on your phone or PC.
4. Click on the LOG IN TO YOUR NINE ACCOUNT button.
5. Configure your Nine account details.
6. Enter the Activation Code and tap the Continue button.
7. Now, the 9Now app is activated, and you can start streaming content on your TV.
How to Install 9Now on Android TV Outside Australia
If you can’t find 9Now in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of 9Now APK latest version for Android TV: bit.ly/3Zeho7f
13. Click Go to download the 9Now APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install to install the 9Now app.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the Australia server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the 9Now app and activate the app to stream your favorite content.
How to Watch 9Now Using Browser
9Now has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous shows and Live TV channels. As the simplest way, you can access the 9Now platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.9now.com.au/) in the address bar and go to the 9Now website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Log in button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast 9Now on Android TV
The 9Now app has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the 9Now app from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to install or sideload the app.
1. Install the 9Now app from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to the WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the 9Now app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon at the top-right corner of the app.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
You can watch Channel 9, 9Go!, 9Gem, and 9Life TV channels on your Android TV through the 9Now app.
You can download the 9Now app on your Hisense TV, Samsung TV, LG TV, and Android TV from the respective App Store. It is also compatible with popular streaming devices, such as Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, and more.